5. 77-6000 Issue Date: 01 January 2011 Version: 2 Supersedes: 30 th July 2010 5 OTHER INFORMATION Regulatory Information: The following UK Regulations as amended may affect the product as supplied: • The Chemicals (Hazard Information and Packaging) Regulations 1994 • The Dangerous Substances (Conveyance by Road in Road Tankers/Tank Containers) Regulations 1992 • The Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road and Rail (Classification, Packaging and Labelling) Regulations 1994 • The Petroleum (Consolidation) Act 1928 • The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 1994 • The Control of Pollution (Special Waste) Regulations 1980 • The Environmental Protection Act 1990 • The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 Re-Issue Date/Reason for Re-Issue: This is the first issue in this format. Intended Use of Product: Synthetic absorbent for containment and clean-up of liquid spills. Limitations on Use of Products: For industrial use only. NOTES: The information on this Data Sheet is based on our experience and is correct to the best of our knowledge at the date of publication, but we do not accept any liability for any loss, damage or injury resulting from its use (except as required by law). The information may not be valid for any use not referred to in this Date Sheet or use of the product in combination with other materials. For these reasons, it is important that customers carry out their own test to satisfy themselves as to the suitability of the product for their own intended applications.
2. 77-6000 Issue Date: 01 January 2011 Version: 2 Supersedes: 30 th July 2010 2 FIRE FIGHTING MEASURES Suitable Extinguishing Media: Water Carbon Dioxide Dry Chemical Combustion Products: Carbon monoxide and Carbon Dioxide. Aldehydes. Ketons. Hydrocarbons. Methane. Toxic vapours, gases or particulates. Fire Fighting Procedure: Does not support combustion. Choose material suitable surrounding fire. ACCIDENTAL RELEASE MEASURES Personal Precautions: Observe precautions from other sections. Environmental Precautions: Not applicable. Methods for cleaning up: When using XR or SR sorbents, follow the spill response information for the spilled liquid. HANDLING AND STORAGE Precautions for Safe Storage: Keep container dry. Precautions for Safe Handling: No precautions are required for normal handling of this product. However, flammable or other hazardous liquids, when contained in any absorbent material, may continue to be hazardous or unsafe and under certain conditions may spontaneously ignite. Therefore, wear respiratory protection and protective clothing appropriate for such liquids. Exercise extreme care when handling, storing or disposing of absorbent materials containing such liquids to avoid personal injury and environmental harm. Dispose of only in accordance with local and national waste of disposal regulations. EXPOSURE CONTROLS/PERSONAL PROTECTION Eye Protection: Avoid eye contact. Hand Protection: Gloves not normally required. Skin Protection: Not Applicable. Respiratory Protection: Not Applicable. Ingestion: Not Applicable. Recommended Ventilation: Not Applicable. Special Instructions: Keep out of reach of children.
4. 77-6000 Issue Date: 01 January 2011 Version: 2 Supersedes: 30 th July 2010 4 DISPOSAL CONSIDERATIONS Product as Sold: Disposal alternative: Incinerate in an industrial or commercial facility. Product in Use: Dispose of waste product in a landfill/waste disposal site. Potential for Recycling: Reclaim if feasible. TRANSPORT INFORMATION UN Number: Not restricted for transportation UK Road/Sea Freight (IMO) Classification: Substance Identification Number: Not Applicable Class: Not Applicable Packing Group: Not Applicable Proper Shipping Name: Not Applicable PGR (if applicable): Not Applicable ADR/RID Classification: Class: Not Applicable Item Number: Not Applicable ICAD/IATA Classification: Class: Not Applicable Sub Risk: Not Applicable Packing Group: Not Applicable Proper Shipping Name: Not Applicable REGULATORY INFORMATION Precautionary Label Information: Symbols: None Risk Phrases: Not Applicable Safety Phrases: Not Applicable
1. 77-6000 Issue Date: 01 January 2011 Version: 2 Supersedes: 30 th July 2010 MATE R IAL SAFETY DATA SHEET 1 IDENTIFICATION OF THE SUBSTANCE/PREPARATION This MSDS covers products: 77-6000 Trade Name: Lubetech 50cm x 40cm 'Black & White' Chemical Pad Brand: Black & White Supplied By: Lubetech Unit 4, Wellington Park Hedge End, Southampton Hampshire SO30 2QU Telephone: +44 (0) 2380 274 123 COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS Ingredient Name, Classification and Remarks CAS Number Percentages Polypropylene 9003-07-0 100.0 HAZARDS IDENTIFICATION Critical Hazards: Not Applicable FIRST AID MEASURES Eye Contact: No need for first aid is anticipated. Skin Contact: No need for first aid is anticipated. Inhalation: No need for first aid is anticipated. Ingestion: No need for first aid is anticipated. Special Instructions: Follow first aid procedures for the fluids which are being absorbed.
3. 77-6000 Issue Date: 01 January 2011 Version: 2 Supersedes: 30 th July 2010 3 PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL PROPERTIES Appearance and Odour: Solid, varying colour non-woven material with no odour. Ph: Not Applicable Boiling Point/Boiling Range: Not Applicable Melting Point/ Melting Range: Not Applicable Flash Point: Not Applicable Autoflammability: 375 – 400°C Vapour Pressure: Not Applicable Water Solubility: Not Applicable Specific Gravity: 0.070 Water = 1 Vapour Density: Not Applicable Volatile Organic Compounds: Not Applicable Evaporation Rate: Not Applicable Viscosity: Not Applicable STABILITY AND REACTIVITY Materials to Avoid: None known. Hazardous Decomposition: Stable. Hazardous polymerisation will not occur. TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION Effects from Eye Contact: Eye contact is not expected to occur during normal use of the product. Effects from Skin Contact: No adverse health effects are expected from skin contact. Effects from Inhalation: No adverse health effects are ex pected from inhalation exposure. Effects from Ingestion: Ingestion is not likely route of exposure to this product. ECOLOGICAL INFORMATION Ecotoxicity Data: None available. Other effects and information: Since regulations vary, consult applicable r egulations or authorities before disposal.
To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press and then Add to Home Screen.