6. • P eriodic inspections by a competent person are recommended by the manufacturer. In UK/Europe these are required under Regulation 5 of the Workplace (Health, Safety & Welfare) Regulations, the W ork at Height Regulations and BS EN 365. The frequency will depend upon the environment, location and usage but should be at least every 12 months. • Visually inspect the complete installed assembly in relation to the general client’s needs. Establish if any modifications and/or additional products are required to reflect any refurbishment requirements or additional plant & equipment which have been installed and require access. • Check installation is complete as per the original installation dra wing/plan. • Ensure the K ee Dome has not been modified or tampered with by unauthorised persons. • Check tubular assembly and all fittings for distortion, dents or cracks. • Check all recycled PVC bases are in contact with the roof membrane. • Check all grub screws are in place, greased and sufficiently torqued. • Check the height and level of the K ee Dome. • If fitted, check gate assembly and ensure correct operation. • Any galvanised components showing signs of corrosion should be wire brushed thoroughly and galvanised spray/paint applied as ap propriate. If rusted significantly , take digital photographs and include these in the inspection report. • Check system plaque (where applicable) position & mark up to reflect date of the next required inspection. Establish if additio nal plaques are required due to any refurbishment works. Kee Dome & Kee Dome Mini Recertification
1. KeeGuard Operation & Maintenance Manual SAFETY AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL Kee Dome Operation & Maintenance Manual
8. Kee Safety Limited Cradley Business Park Overend Road, Cradley Heath West Midlands B64 7DW , UK Phone: +44 (0) 1384 632 188 Fax: +44 (0) 1384 632 192 [email protected] www.keesafety.co.uk
3. 4 ROOF MEMBRANE PROTECTION The Kee Dome ® range uses recycled PVC bases which are the only components in contact with the roof membrane. This insulating material protects the roof from damage via heat transfer from the steel components. OFFICIAL DOCUMENTATION Work at Height Regulations HSG 33 Health & Safety in Roof work ACR Red Book Test For Non-Fragility of Roof Assemblies Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations TECHNICAL BULLETIN Polycarbonate Rooflights – Are they fragile? Generally speaking polycarbonate rooflights are deemed to be non-fragile for the “construction phase” of a project. Once the project is handed over they are deemed as fragile due to the following:- Non-fragility is dependent not only on the strength/durability of the rooflight material itself, but on all aspects of installation of an assembly. This may be compromised even if there is no loss of strength of the rooflight material. This is particularly true for in-plane rooflights. Whilst polycarbonate is an extremely strong and very durable material, there are some things that can cause dramatic and very premature failure – for example, plasticisers attack polycarbonate, so contact with plastisol coated steel or, worse, PVC tape (which contains much higher levels of plasticisers) will cause premature failure; permanent stresses in the material, certain chemicals, trapped water which can heat up can also all accelerate degradation. Industry interest groups would never recommend that non- fragility of any rooflight should be guaranteed in the long term, due to lack of control over the various factors other than strength of the rooflight that may affect non-fragility, but this is particularly true with polycarbonate where strength of the rooflight itself can be compromised if not treated correctly. PRODUCT CODES AND DESCRIPTIONS Product Code KDH1 KDH3 KDK2 KDK3 Description 3m x 1.5m (10’ x 5”) Kit 2m x 1.5m (6’6”x 5’) c/w gate kit 2m x 2m (6’6”x 6’6”) kit 4m x 2m (13’x 6’6”) kit KEE DOME KEE DOME MINI Product Code KDK12 KDK18 Description 1.2m x 1.2m (4’x4’) c/w mesh kit 1.8m x 1.8m (6’x6’) c/w mesh kit Kee Dome Overview
2. 3 INTRODUCTION The Kee Dome ® range of modular systems has been designed specifically to prevent falls through rooflights. UNIQUE DESIGN These innovative products provide protection for personnel accessing near to fragile rooflights whilst carrying out maintenance or inspections on a flat roof. The unique freestanding design means that fragile rooflights can now be quickly and easily protected. VERSATILE The Kee Dome ® uses recycled PVC bases which lock the posts into position around the perimeter of the rooflight. Kee Klamp ® fittings and standard length tubes (1.5 (5’), 2.0 (6’6”), & 3.2m (10’6”)) (1.2 (4’) & 1.8 (6’) Kee Dome Mini) are used to construct a rigid frame around the rooflight. ACCESS & EGRESS Kee Dome ® may be used to protect roof hatches and a self closing gate can be included in the design to permit access to a protected roof hatch. The gate is available in left or right hand options. PORTABILITY The Kee Dome ® range has been designed in component form to ensure that it can be easily transported both to site and up to roof level. PERMANENT/TEMPORARY This versatile product can serve as either a temporary or permanent installation as no fixings are required to either the fragile rooflight or roofing membrane. DURABILITY The Kee Dome ® range is supplied with a galvanised finish carried out to BS EN ISO 1461 : 1999 Hot Dip Galvanised Coatings. Specification and Testing Methods, giving an average coating of 40 microns. TESTING & CERTIFICATION The Kee Dome ® System has been tested to EN 14122 The Kee Dome ® Mini has been externally tested to the criteria and loadings taken from the ACR Red Book Test For Non-Fragility of Roof Assemblies. The test involved a 45kg (100lbs) weight free falling a distance of 1.2m (4’) to reach a maximum velocity. The Kee Dome ® Mini arrested the load via deformation of the wire mesh panel and with no penetration of the wire mesh. Kee Dome Overview
4. 5 68mm 68mm PVC BASE - 250-8 Recycled PVC base provides the support for the Kee Dome ® Vertical Standards. Material : Recycled PVC Net weight : 8.3kg. GUARDRAIL TUBING - 8610 Standard lengths supplied 1.5, 2.0, & 3.2m. O/D 48.3mm : Wall thickness 3.2mm. Material : Galvanised steel to BS EN ISO 1461. Net weight : 5.5kg, 7.4kg, 11.8kg. VERTICAL STANDARD TUBING - 8610 Standard length 1.1m. O/D 48.3mm : Wall thickness 3.2mm. Material : Galvanised steel to BS EN ISO 1461. Net weight : 4kg. 90° SIDE OUTLET TEE - 21-8 This fitting is used to connect the Intermediate Guardrail and Vertical Standard at each corner. Material : Malleable cast iron to BS 1562 and galvanised to BS EN ISO 1461. Net weight : 0.85 kg. 90° SIDE OUTLET ELBOW - 20-8 This fitting is used to connect the top Guardrail and Vertical Standard at each corner. Material : Malleable cast iron to BS 1562 and galvanised to BS EN ISO 1461. Net weight : 1.2kg. PLASTIC PLUG - 77-8 This component is fitted to the top of the Vertical Standard Tubing. Material : PVC. Net weight : 0.009kg. 350mm 350mm 100mm 65mm 100mm 200mm 68mm 68mm See Below 50mm COLLAR - 75-8 This component inserts into the slot of the recycled PVC Counter Weight. The Vertical Standard tube is pushed through this fitting and the grub screw is then tightened. Material : Malleable cast iron to BS 1562 and galvanised to BS EN ISO 1461. Net weight : 0.19kg. 25mm 90º ELBOW - 15-8 This provides the means of dealing with corners and changes in level. Material : Malleable cast iron to BS 1562 and galvanised to BS EN ISO 1461. Net weight : 0.77kg. Kee Dome Components EN 13374 & EN 14122-3
5. 6 PVC BASE - 250-6 Recycled PVC base provides the support for the Vertical Standards. Material : Recycled PVC Net weight : 3.7kg. PRIMARY TUBING - 6110 Standard lengths supplied 1.2 & 1.8m. O/D 33.7mm : Wall Thickness 4.3mm. Material : Galvanised steel to BS EN ISO 1461. Net weight : 2.8kg & 4.1kg. SECONDARY TUBING - 6110 Standard lengths supplied 1.26 & 1.86m. O/D 33.7mm : Wall thickness 4.3mm. Material : Galvanised steel to BS EN ISO 1461. Net weight : 2.9kg & 4.3kg. VERTICAL STANDARD TUBING - 6110 Standard length 600mm. O/D 33.7mm : Wall thickness 4.3mm. Material : Galvanised steel to BS EN ISO 1461. Net weight : 1.4kg. 90° SIDE OUTLET ELBOW - 20-6 This fitting is used to connect the Top Guardrail and Vertical Standard at each corner. Material : Malleable cast iron to BS 1562 and galvanised to BS EN ISO 1461. Net weight : 0.48 kg. SINGLE SIDED CLIP - 81-6 This component is used to attach the wire mesh to the Primary Tubing. Clips are used on two opposite sides (5 clips per side). All clips are supplied with a M6 x 35mm nut and bolt. Material : Galvanised steel to BS EN ISO 1461. Net weight : 0.70 kg. MESH PANEL - This component lays on top of the Secondary Tubing and is attached on two sides to the Primary Tubing via the Single Sided Clips. Mesh panel 50mm x 50mm x 3.2mm is cut to size on site. Material : Galvanised steel to BS EN ISO 1461. Net weight : 4kg. 250mm 250mm 75mm 65mm 90mm 90mm 150mm 68mm 42mm 59mm 27mm O/D 33.7mm See Below COLLAR - 75-6 This component inserts into the slot of the recycled PVC Counter Weight. The Vertical Standard tube is pushed through this fitting and the grub screw is then tightened. Material : Malleable cast iron to BS 1562 and galvanised to BS EN ISO 1461. Net weight : 0.13kg. 25mm CROSS OVER - 45-6 This component provides the method of linking the horizontal Primary & Secondary Tubing. Material : Malleable cast iron to BS 1562 and galvanised to BS EN ISO 1461. Net weight : 0.34kg. 40mm 38mm Kee Dome Mini Components
To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press and then Add to Home Screen.